- Each school in the Archdiocese has a Parent-Teacher organization to promote parental support for the school programs, increase mutual understanding between school and parents and reduce obstacles to effective communication.
- The St. Francis School Parents Club serves as a link between school and home. All parents and teachers are members, and officers are elected each year. The club meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and functions in a variety of ways to service the school.
- The main objective of the Parent-Teacher Club is to raise funds for the school’s operations.
- There are three main fundraisers for the school during the year: Jog-a-Thon, Auction, and Bar Buffet Bingo. An ongoing fundraiser is Scrip.
- Each family is required to purchase a minimum of $2,000 worth of Scrip throughout the year. Each family can earn ‘Scrip rewards’ to be applied to the next year’s registration fee. To earn ‘Scrip rewards’, a family must purchase enough scrip to have earned the school $100 in profit. After that goal is reached, 50% of any other purchase profit is credited to the family’s account for next year’s registration fee. Scrip is always available for purchase through designated sellers.
- The St. Francis Parents Club will comply with these general norms:
- It will have no legal status apart from the school.
- It will function in accordance with a written constitution that complies with all current provisions of Archdiocesan and local policy governing the structure and operation of such an organization.
- Recommendations and actions of the organization are subject to all Archdiocesan school regulations and policies.
- The Parent/Teacher Club is accountable to the principal and the pastor.
2014-2015 Parents' Club Officers